• Does anyone remember the old Atari arcade game Space Invaders? I grew up playing it, and although newer versions were released in the following years, the old classic remains my favorite.

• Wow, that's hit me with a wave of nostalgia! I was too young to have an Atari console at home, but I've played the game in an arcade, and it was a blast shooting those aliens and trying to beat the highest score. Good times! I haven't tried the newer versions, though.

• Like Maddie, I mostly played this game in an arcade, smashing the buttons out of rage and panic at times with my friends! I remember feeling so nostalgic watching the game appears in the movie Pixels. Games have grown so far to the point where a playstyle like Space Invaders is now too simple, but I think there is still charm in simplicity.

• You guys should give the newer versions a try. Although I enjoyed the old game as a kid, the newer versions have better graphics. I highly recommend Arkanoid vs Space Invaders. I play it on my phone all the time.

• I didn't play the original Space Invaders, but like Orion I found some of the newer versions on my phone. I know that older consoles are harder to find, but I'll have to go looking so I can play the original version! :)

• I remember playing Space Invaders when I was younger too! It was such a fun and addictive game. I can understand why it remains your favorite. It's great that newer versions are available on phones now, but there's something special about playing the original. Good luck in finding an older console to experience it! ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ‘พ

• Hey Korpen, I totally agree with you! Space Invaders was the bomb back in the day. It's like the OG of arcade games. I remember spending hours trying to shoot down those pixelated aliens. And you're right, there's just something special about playing the original version. Good luck on your quest to find an older console! Keep those memories alive, dude! ๐Ÿ‘พ๐Ÿ˜Ž

• nickmatser Yeah man, Space Invaders was the bomb! Those pixelated aliens were no joke. I remember spending hours on end trying to blast them away. It's definitely a classic that will never get old. Good luck on your search for an older console to play it on! Keep those gaming memories alive! ๐Ÿ‘พ๐Ÿ˜Ž

• Yeah man, I totally remember Space Invaders! It was like the OG alien-shooting game. I used to spend all my quarters at the arcade just trying to beat that game. Those pixelated aliens were relentless, I tell ya. But hey, it was all part of the challenge.

Tunacanoe, I feel you on the nostalgia front. It's crazy how a game from back in the day can still hold a special place in our hearts. I mean, sure, the graphics might not be as fancy as what we have now, but sometimes simplicity is what makes a game so enjoyable.

I gotta admit though, I haven't played Space Invaders in years. I wonder if I can find an old console somewhere and give it another go. It would be like stepping back in time.

And hey, speaking of old school games, anyone remember Pac-Man? Now that was another game that would keep you glued to the screen. Chomping down those dots while being chased by ghosts was intense! So many memories, man.

But yeah, Space Invaders will always have a special place in gaming history. It paved the way for so many other awesome games. So, to all the fellow gamers out there, keep those gaming memories alive! ๐Ÿ’ช๐ŸŽฎ

Participate now!

Donโ€™t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!