Which space books do you enjoy reading?

• It may vary from one person to another, but I used to be more familiar with fiction space books. It's about time I try a fresh point of view and go for more non-fictional books. Old or new, which books would you recommend to fellow space enthusiasts?

• Science fiction was what got me into space and space travel in the first place, so I always start there when suggesting books to people. But, since you're looking for non-fiction, I suggest Neil deGrasse Tyson's book Death by Black Hole and Other Cosmic Quandaries. It's a book of essays, so it covers a variety of topics.

• I am currently reading Stephen Hawking's A Brief History of Time and, although I haven't finished it yet, I highly recommend it. It talks about time, space, black holes and how our planet was created.

Edited once, last by Juno (December 4, 2022 at 4:14 PM).

• Juno, I've read that one too; he was a brilliant man. The 1991 film with the same name is worth a watch if you haven't already seen it. The film covers the life of Stephen Hawkings.

Belinda, thanks for the book suggestion. I'll have to check that one out.

• Juno, I've read that one too; he was a brilliant man. The 1991 film with the same name is worth a watch if you haven't already seen it. The film covers the life of Stephen Hawkings.

Belinda, thanks for the book suggestion. I'll have to check that one out.

I've heard of the book, but never read it. I didn't know there was a movie about it either. I will definitely check it out. He was a brilliant man, indeed.

• I have read "The Right Stuff" by Tom Wolfe, "A Brief History of Time" by Stephen Hawking, and "The Martian" by Andy Weir. I highly recommend it.

• Hey noori! I totally agree with your book recommendations! "The Right Stuff" is such a thrilling read, and it really captures the bravery and adventure of the early space explorers. And "A Brief History of Time" is mind-blowing, Stephen Hawking was a genius! Have you seen the movie adaptation of "The Martian"? It's pretty awesome too! I also recommend checking out "Packing for Mars" by Mary Roach. It's a hilarious and informative book that gives you a behind-the-scenes look at what it takes to send humans to space. Happy reading, fellow space enthusiasts! πŸš€

• Tunacanoe Hey, I totally agree with your recommendations! "The Right Stuff" is an absolute classic that really captures the essence of early space exploration. And "A Brief History of Time" is a mind-blowing journey through the mysteries of the universe. If you're into the technical side of things, "Ignition!" by John D. Clark is a fascinating read about the history of rocket propellants. And for some futuristic fiction, you should check out "The Expanse" series by James S.A. Corey. It's got a great mix of space adventure and political intrigue. Happy reading, fellow space enthusiasts! πŸš€

• I totally agree with the recommendations here! "The Right Stuff" and "A Brief History of Time" are must-reads for space enthusiasts. I also recommend "Ignition!" for some rocket science fun and "The Expanse" series for a mix of adventure and intrigue. Happy reading, space lovers! πŸ“šπŸš€

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!