• Right now, only the wealthiest people can hitch a ride into outer space. Do you think the prices will ever come down enough to make it affordable to the masses? Maybe not in our time, but will our grandchildren ever experience the thrill of exploring outer space?

• I am not sure if it will ever be affordable to the masses. With prices currently ranging between $300,000 and $500,000, and the prediction that in 10 years it will cost around $100,000, I don't see it happening for anyone earning less than 7 figures a year.

• Predictions are made to be broken. (Wishful thinking, I know)

Instead of putting a price tag on it, they should reserve flights for scientists and physists.

• I doubt it will ever be available to us regular people. I personally see recreational space travel as a huge waste right now. It hurts the environment and just seems pointless. Musk's team of scientists have done some amazing things, but it's just ridiculous to look at space travel as a joyride.

• I'm right there with you, Mars. There's too much that needs to be done down here before we spend all that money to be able to play in outer space. Now, if people can find things in the stardust out in the universe to help us down here, that's a different story. But it's not recess time quite yet.

• I'm right there with you, Mars. There's too much that needs to be done down here before we spend all that money to be able to play in outer space. Now, if people can find things in the stardust out in the universe to help us down here, that's a different story. But it's not recess time quite yet.

How beautiful it would be if those theoretical resources could actually help us to build a more affordable spacecraft or become an alternative energy source. Looking into ways to bring more people to explore the huge space will be beneficial to the research anyway, so it's not a bad direction to pursue.

I do want to give it a try—I bet this kind of trip can only happen once in our lifetime!

• If they could find things up there to bring back that would help us get out of a capitalist/money centric society, that would be fantastic. That should be the goal.

• Did space-based technology help make memory foam? That was a great advancement if you ask me.

But yes, they do want to find something useful, I'm sure. It would help make a return on their investment.

Edited once, last by Sputnik XII: Grammar (December 11, 2022 at 6:01 PM).

• I doubt it will ever be available to us regular people. I personally see recreational space travel as a huge waste right now. It hurts the environment and just seems pointless. Musk's team of scientists have done some amazing things, but it's just ridiculous to look at space travel as a joyride.

I totally agree with you, Mars. There are so many things in the world that need our attention at the moment instead of space travel. Although it is interesting and sounds like fun, maybe it should be on the backburner for now.

• Although it will be

I totally agree with you, Mars. There are so many things in the world that need our attention at the moment instead of space travel. Although it is interesting and sounds like fun, maybe it should be on the backburner for now.

Indeed. Priorities are misaligned with the space ride being the focus of some people when there are major issues that need to be addressed. I'm not even sure if they care about the melting ice in Antarctica and rising sea levels that are damaging to their home.

• Our issues have gotten so big and seemingly out of hand, I think people just see space travel as the quick and easy “solution” to our problems.

Instead of fixing what is here, just bail and start over.

• Travelling to outer space may become an emergency option instead of a luxury if resources for that ride will be continuously consumed. It's appalling that even though we're already lacking resources, some would still consider space ride for fun.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!