• Has anyone here read The Long Mars by Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter? I'm a big fan of Prachett's Discworld fantasy books, and I am wondering if this one goes along the same line.

• Both stories explore fantasy worlds as part of a series, but that's where the similarities end, as I see it. I'm sure the flat earth people love Discworld, but I'm more a fan of the premise of The Long Mars.

I've always wondered if Deja Vu fits into the premise of theories and stories like The Long Mars.

Edited 2 times, last by Space Oddity (December 4, 2022 at 7:48 PM).

• I can't say that I've read it, but the reviews seem promising on Amazon. Alabaster, you could always go for the digital copy, then request a refund if you don't like it. I enjoyed the Discworld series; however, the Sourcery novel was a complete mess. The plot was all over the place. Pratchett is known for his meandering, so realistically, I think you have to keep that in mind when considering his stories.

• "Pratchett is known for his meandering"

That's not the first time I've heard that, Maddie. But since the author is popular, there must be an audience for that style.

I like to read reviews of authors I don't know and find out what their style is before I buy something from them. Preferably a short story.

• The book synopsis sounds intriguing enough. I usually buy myself a couple of books for Christmas, so I'm going for it. MaddieAI, thanks for the tip about returning the digital copy if the book is horrible. I had no idea that was a thing.

• ......returning the digital copy if the book is horrible. I had no idea that was a thing.

It's a thing, and many authors don't like it. I think it's a full refund if you return a digital book. It should be at least a partial refund, like what happens with a physical book. Sounds fair.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!