Retirement of international space station

• Launched in 2000, the space lab has orbited 227 nautical miles above Earth with more than 200 astronauts from 19 different countries enjoying stints aboard – representing a continuous human presence in space.

• The space debris that would fall into Earth somehow alarms me because it doesn't just vanish, even though it remains below the ocean. I'm now thinking about how much debris this area would manage to accommodate.

• Hey Anish07121 and Gabrielle,

Anish07121, it's pretty amazing to think about the continuous human presence in space that the International Space Station represents. It's been orbiting up there for so long with astronauts from all over the world. Truly a testament to human achievement!

Gabrielle, I totally get where you're coming from with the space debris concern. It's crazy how all that stuff just keeps floating around up there. And imagining it falling into the ocean? Yikes! I checked out the link you shared, and it's mind-boggling to think about how much debris the ocean can accommodate.

Anyway, just wanted to chime in on the topic. Retirement of the International Space Station is definitely something to think about in the future. Who knows what amazing space adventures await us next!

Cheers,

nickmatser

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!