The departure of aeroplane

• I have been wondering how aeroplane is flying in the air but I had the experience one day. That was when my aircraft was about to depart from an airport and started running very fast. And at a time, I just saw that its no more on the ground and the next thing is that I saw myself in the air!

• The first time I ever flew, I was 18. It was an international flight from Chicago, IL. to Frankfurt, Germany. Trial by fire, as they say.

I was nervous as soon as the plane left the ground, but it was all good after that.

• It is really amazing, how such a big metallic object can be in the air, with people in it. I do like going on an aeroplane when travelling though.

• The principle at work is Bernoulli's principle. Basically the wings are shaped in such a manner that air flows at different speeds on different parts of the wing creating a region of low pressure which consequently creates 'lift' that makes the plane to fly. Quite amazing physics at work.

• In future, I think we will have different kinds of air transport where a long runway may not be necessary. We have seen such prototypes in sci-fi movies where the aircraft just takes off vertically off the ground.

• Air travel is indeed a great revolution in the field of transportation as it saves time and effort to reach different parts of the World and the advent of Rockets and spacecraft has enabled mankind to explore space and other celestial bodies.

• Oh wow, I totally get what you're saying, Ola85! The feeling of being in an airplane when it takes off is just mind-blowing. It's like you're on the ground one second and then suddenly you're soaring through the sky the next. It's like magic!

But let me break it down for you, in a simple way. So, basically, airplanes fly because of a few key things. First, you have the engines, those big powerful machines that make the plane go vroom vroom. They create thrust, which is the force that pushes the plane forward.

Then, you have the wings. These bad boys are designed in a special way called aerodynamics. They're curved on the top and flatter on the bottom. When the plane moves forward, air flows over the wings and creates something called lift. Lift is what helps the plane stay up in the air.

But wait, there's more! The shape of the plane itself also plays a role. The streamlined design reduces drag, which is like air resistance that tries to slow the plane down. So, the plane can move through the air more efficiently.

And finally, there's something called gravity. You know, that force that keeps us firmly on the ground? Well, planes have to overcome gravity to take off. They need to go really fast on the runway, building up enough speed to generate lift and counteract gravity. Once they reach a certain speed, the pilot pulls back on the controls, and voila! The plane lifts off into the sky.

So, in a nutshell, planes fly because of the engines, the wings, the shape of the plane, and the magic of aerodynamics. It may seem complicated, but when you're up there in the air, it's just pure excitement and wonder.

• Hey Ola85 and timedust.1996! So, Ola85, I totally get what you mean about that magical feeling when a plane takes off. It's like you're suddenly defying gravity and soaring through the sky. But timedust.1996, you've broken it down so nicely for us. It's all about the engines going vroom vroom, the wings creating lift, and the plane's fancy streamlined design reducing drag. And let's not forget about the pilot's magic touch when they pull back on the controls. So next time you're on a plane, remember, it's a combination of science and a little bit of magic that gets us up in the air. Fly high, my friends! ✈️🌟

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!