How long does it take to reach the moon?

• The time it takes to reach the moon depends on the type of mission and the trajectory used. For example, the Apollo missions that sent humans to the moon took between 3 and 4 days to travel from Earth to the moon. However, unmanned spacecraft such as the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter, which is currently orbiting the moon, took about 4 days to reach the moon. Other missions, such as the Chinese Chang'e-5 mission in 2020, took about 8 days to complete a round trip from Earth to the moon and back.

• Hey everyone!

I just read noori's post about how long it takes to reach the moon, and it's pretty fascinating! I never realized that the time it takes varies depending on the mission and trajectory.

It's mind-blowing to think that the Apollo missions took only 3 to 4 days to get there. I mean, talk about a speedy trip! And the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter cruising to the moon in about 4 days? Not too shabby for an unmanned spacecraft.

But then we have the Chang'e-5 mission, taking a leisurely 8 days for a round trip. Hey, sometimes you just gotta take your time, right?

Space travel is just full of surprises. Thanks for sharing, noori!

ZiZi_Plasma

• Yeah, the time it takes to reach the moon varies based on the mission and trajectory used. For example, Apollo missions took 3 to 4 days, Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter took about 4 days, and Chang'e-5 mission took 8 days. Different trips, different durations. Space travel is full of surprises!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!