Telescope Suggestions

• Do you have to spend a fortune in order to get a decent telescope? I don't mind splurging, but I want to be sure that it's worth it. Do you have any recommendations for me? What should I look for and consider before buying?

• Well, I plan to use it, but I'm also hoping to get my middle schoolers interested as well. I'm a teacher, so I'm sure I'd get plenty of use out of it. I don't mind spending some cash on a good telescope. I just don't want to waste my money on a dud.

• In that case, Maddie, I recommend the Celestron Inspire 100AZ refractor telescope which is very affordable at $300. It's lightweight and easy to use, so you can lug it around to your classroom without any hassle. It's also affordable enough that you won't cringe when a careless student bangs it around a bit.

• I have the Orion StarBlast II 4.5 EQ, and it's great for viewing the stars, planets, and moon. I used to have the Unistellar eVscope 2, and it was a fantastic telescope. It's motorized, which I really appreciated. You can even take pictures right from the telescope itself. I had to sell it off when I moved into a tiny apartment abroad. You can't go wrong with either of those two.

• I mentioned wanting a telescope to my husband, so he surprised me by buying one for Christmas. It's the Unistellar telescope that Alabaster mentioned. There's a bit of a learning curve with it, but we're excited to see what all it can do. So far, so good. Thanks for the suggestions!

• The best telescope for you will depend on your individual needs and interests because numerous different types and models of telescopes are available. But I suggest you go for Reflector telescopes, which use mirrors to reflect light and form an image, are generally more affordable and offer good value for beginners.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!