Your favorite views of the Moon

• I always enjoy looking up at the sky to check on the Moon when I go out in the evening. It's interesting that on a closer look from the telescopes, the Moon's surface seems to radiate something completely different. We see the same crescent shape, but the craters make it look rough yet strong!

• Not exactly a favorite, but I find the lunar craters amusing. The poor satellite had been hit by so many meteorites and volcanic eruptions for billions of years! The scientists even name the craters. For example, this one is called the Schrödinger crater. Look at the unique shape!

• I love looking at the moon whenever we'd visit the beach because despite looking so far, it seems reachable, without any buildings around. It also gives a calming vibe that it's almost like having a free view of a part of outer space.

• One of my favorite views of the moon was watching the original Apollo 11 footage taken from the cabin as they descended to the surface. I can't find the video anymore. Watching them descend from 200+ m where all the craters still look small, to getting down to 20 m above and lower and suddenly every crater is a massive valley.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!