Does God Exist in a Scientific World?

• I grew up in a religious family so naturally I have always had an inclination towards the existence of God. However, as I kept learning stuff I started noticing how Science strongly contradicts the Bible. Case in point, scientifically the earth is about 4 billion years old but according to the bible, it has barely clocked 10,000 years. Any thoughts?

• The debate between science and religion has been ongoing for centuries, and many scientists and philosophers have attempted to reconcile the two. Some argue that science and religion are not incompatible, and that they can complement one another by providing different ways of understanding the world. Others argue that science and religion are fundamentally incompatible, and that one must choose between them.

• I think both science and God both are creations of man. He has different ways of explaining things that occur in nature. When he fails to explain, he takes the recourse of God.

• I think both science and God both are creations of man. He has different ways of explaining things that occur in nature. When he fails to explain, he takes the recourse of God.

This makes a lot of sense because, generally, I think humans are not so capable without having anything to follow that they get the need to create something more powerful than themselves. Given the varying beliefs, I opt to keep an open mind since writing isn't as old as the Earth.

• With topics like these, it would depend on the person, as not everyone is a believer. God could be a representation of the powerful force that created order from the chaos of the universe. There are a lot of things we don't know anyway.

• Hey Storm! I totally get where you're coming from. Science and religion can sometimes clash, especially when it comes to the age of the Earth. It's true that scientifically, the Earth is estimated to be around 4 billion years old, while some religious beliefs suggest a much younger age. But here's the thing, science is all about questioning and discovering new things, while religion is more about faith and belief. They can coexist in our lives, even if they don't always align perfectly. So, don't let the contradictions discourage you. Embrace the curiosity and keep exploring both science and your own beliefs. Who knows, you might find some fascinating connections along the way!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!